View Profile Rig

All 108 Audio Reviews

69 w/ Responses

Electroacoustasticness!

This sounds really good! It matches and even surpasses the quality of some electroacoustic pieces I've heard. Very interesting and rhythmic overall, with enough movement throughout to keep things interesting.

You should get rid of that limiter - I can hear it keeping things down. And I'd love to hear even more play in the stereo spectrum. But overall, it's a great electroacoustic piece. Keep it up!

Mich responds:

I didn't think you'd like it this much to be honest =D
I'll make sure to do so more like this later :)
thanks for the tips!

Nice try ;P

Well, the enthusiasm is there!

First MIDI guitar submission I've heard for this, haha. The kind of guitar sound I had in mind was a warm, bluesy, distorted sound, the kind you'd hear at a dinner jazz club. Your additions, I find, simply do not fit the mood I envisioned.

You introduced a chord progression near the solo section that didn't fit the bassline or piano chords and overwhemed everything else - I could barely hear the rest of the song. Remember when you mentioned that "less is more?" Less would definitely be more in this situation. Silence is a note, too - give the other instruments room to breathe. Pretend that the guitar is a breathing instrument, too - put silence in every once in a while to let it catch its breath. :D

Keep at it, though, the potential is there!

MusicIsBliss responds:

thanks for the advice, i really didnt know what to do at that point, so i tried going more epic to go into the solo, guess it didnt work

YOU KNOW TOO MUCH

WE MUST DESTROY YOU

lol

Good preview! One thing I'd add is more reverb/echo to that buzzy hit that comes in at 0:25 and 0:36, but otherwise it sounds just dandy :D

Quarl responds:

Will do mister :)

aaaaa

indoor voices plz :3

Rucklo responds:

aaaaa :o

lolol

Haha, this rules. Good job.

I approved this!

Welcome to the AP! Congrats on your first-place-of-the-week.

As for the track itself, it's alright. Needs more sound effects and a better mic. But I think the comic in question is better left as just a comic...unless there's an animation too.

Keep on posting!

Hathor-Liderc responds:

Funny you say that, Scott himself offered to animate it.

Needs work all around.

Drum and bass is all about, well, the drums and bass. Right now it's all highs. Where's the intricate bassline DnB is known for? Where's the spliced breaks? Listen to some Noisia, Spor, old Pendulum, etc. for inspiration.

Mastering-wise, this needs work as well. The drums are WAY too loud in the mix - they're clipping and distorting the other sounds you have going. Turn them all down. Turn EVERYTHING down before the compressor/limiter you have on the master bus. You'll find that everything will sound a lot clearer.

This is an ok song, but it's in the wrong genre.

Fredgy responds:

ok, i 'll try to work on that then :)
thanks for your advice

Grts
Fredgy

I prefer the original

This "remix" really doesn't compare to the original song - all you did was use the same sounds. There's no melody, nothing consistent throughout. Just a bunch of random patterns.

2 points because Pilchard is a nice guy and probably won't ask you to remove it.

st91 responds:

you have 2 points for me and i have 2 words for you: "fuck you" =D and at least i worked harder than all those other dicks who just copied the song and re-arranged the patterns. i guess thats what you prefer. i should just keep the patterns and just re-arrange them. that would get me such a high score now wouldnt it?

I'll tell you what to do.

COLLAB WITH ME.

Awesome!

I love that flabby bass sound that you have in the background there. This is a great exercise in simple, traditional DnB. Something I'd love to chill out or dance to. Perfect for all situations.

I took off a point for that lazy fadeout ending.

The finer sound designer.

JP Neufeld @Rig