View Profile Rig

All 108 Audio Reviews

69 w/ Responses

Duuuuuuuuuuuude

I love it. Complete it. I want it.

OH NOES

WHY AM I BAND
WHY AM I BAND
I DID NOTHIENG TO BE BAND 4
D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

I love how almost all of these reviews are either 10 or 0.

EyeLovePoozy responds:

Interesting isn't it... Also, http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/liste n/181428 = lol.

Wonderful as always

Another amazing work - great blend of instruments. The orchestral part is airy and lilting, the jazz part brings back the excitement and adventure of flight.The jazz drums are too repetitive, but that's only a minor annoyance, as everything else shine and sparkles. I want you to win.

sorohanro responds:

Thanx for review, tried my best to make something that put together my favorite styles.
Drums might be repetitive, but repetition is part of building tension,heck, I want to win too :)) 'cause I'm jobless for now :(
anyway <3 Rig

Scawy!

It's the beginnings of a great ambient song! I think you could've added more stuff to it, like some abstract synths or something. Also, turn it up - it's pretty quiet.

But yeah, it sounds good. Make it longer!

VegetarianMeat responds:

Thanks for the advice :) I'm gonna start working on a longer version (probably make it into a full song).

Nice

I've had this on loop for a while - it's perfect background music. Good job!

I'm flyyyyying...

Another awesome work, siney ol' bean. Your use of glitched drums, effected guitars and calm basslines reminds me of Mutemath. I love Mutemath :3

The only problem I have with this piece is during 0:58 till 1:17 and 3:12 to 3:31, where those guitars come in. The delay time you chose (or the speed of your strumming) makes it both seem out of time with the drums and me cringe.

those parts are the only things preventing me from giving you full marks :)

I remember...

...playing this in my high school jazz band. Brings back fond memories. :)

Good mix, and certainly fits the objectives of the 3 instrument challenge. It sounds kinda thin in the beginning, but you thickened it up with your great piano programming. Keep up the great work!

sorohanro responds:

hey, how that I didn't knew that you were playing in a jazz band ?
thanx for review, actuallywe plan to make a thinner live version, without piano
I've heard also just sax and percussion, that was cool (I guess I'm in a very minimalistic mood these days)

Perfect!

I love it - it's perfect for any lo-fi game or animation. Keep up your awesome work!

snayk responds:

Thanks Rig ^________^

A comment!

Sounds like a solid band you have on your hands, but it suffers from poor mixing. The drums and vocals are barely audible, and it sounds like everything but the high hat is in mono. I hear no kick drum at all. Try spreading out your guitars in the mix and keeping the vocals in the center, and turn up your kick drum! Do you have a bass? If so I can't hear it. Post some lyrics, too.

Otherwise sounds like a pretty good song. Just work on those mixing skillz ;P

jay-kellom responds:

well the drums are brushes... suppose to be really soft. its just me and a drummer. i do have a few different mixes with vocals. its a very basic recording. drums, one main guitar, and one with licks, and vocals. nothing fancy, suppose to be really gritty haha. thanx for your comment though, ill for sure focus on those on the next few songs.

Automation!

Great start, especially with all the automation you're doing to the bass and the lead. I love just fooling around with 3xOsc!

But there's no bass to speak of, the drums could be worked on (too busy, actually), and it could use some pads. Still, it's a fun little piece. :)

WritersBlock responds:

Yeah, it's pretty basic, and I coudn't lower the bass and keep it in G without it sounding like shit, that was a bass VSTi I used for the bass, and not 3xOsc, but the lead was 3xOsc. Yeah, I could mess with it some more, or maybe make a full song out of it, I dunno. Thanks for the review, Rig.

The finer sound designer.

JP Neufeld @Rig